Pobocik Funeral Home is located in a Victorian Home built in 1876 for Mr. J. H. Holden, a local mint farmer and entrepreneur. In the early 1940’s, Mr. Howard Connelly, the local funeral director, purchased the home and converted it into a funeral home with his residence on the second and third floors.

The carriage house was remolded to accommodate funeral cars, with a casket selection room on the upper level. Mr. LaVern Noble, an employee of Mr. Connelly’s, purchased the building in the early 1960’s. He and his wife Hannah extended the addition Mr. Connelly had added on the north, as well as expanding the building to the south. These additions included larger viewing areas, restrooms on the main floor, a new preparation room with an up-to-date ventilation system, and larger living quarters upstairs.

In the 1980’s they purchased the Texaco Gas Station to the West, demolished it, and added a larger parking area. Mr. Chris Pobocik and his family moved to Three Oaks in 1985 and purchased the funeral home from the Noble’s. The funeral home is handicap accessible with three viewing rooms, and Chris and Linda have retained the residence upstairs. The Pobocik’s have held on to the time honored traditions of the past, while embracing the latest that modern technology has to offer.

Pobocik Funeral Home is located one block east of the only stop light in Three Oaks, on the south side of historic U.S. 12.

CLICK HERE for custom driving directions provided by MapQuest